CALLING ALL ACTIVISTS:
Join The Kratom Truth Squad
Dear Kratom Warriors,
As you know, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is working to have the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) include natural kratom on the list of Schedule I substances, thereby making its distribution and use illegal in the United States.
The American Kratom Association (AKA) is pushing back at every turn, demanding that the FDA, DEA, and National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) follow the science, meet with the AKA and industry scientists in an open and transparent forum to discuss the safety and use of kratom, and to dedicate themselves to telling the truth on this issue.
Toward this end, we need your help.
As you may have seen, we have a robust public relations and social media campaign underway. This complements the work the AKA is doing at the policy level with government leaders.
We need your help with the creation of the Kratom Truth Squad that will respond immediately to misinformation and even outright lies that are being disseminated about kratom.
Join the Kratom Truth Squad:
We ask that you follow the FDA and Commissioner Scott Gottlieb on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and elsewhere, and respond immediately to tweets, texts, and other posts that inaccurately characterize natural kratom. In your responses, please take the opportunity to:
• Point out the misinformation or deception.
• Explain that natural kratom—pure and unadulterated—has been shown to be safe and effective for millions of Americans who rely on it for their overall health and well-being.
• Share your own story of how kratom has helped you. Do not make any medical claims about kratom.
• Mention that the FDA has used flawed and even deliberately distorted data to push the DEA to schedule kratom, and that they must tell the truth.
• Call upon the FDA to meet with AKA to honestly and openly discuss kratom and use the hashtag #FollowtheScience.
These are all key points, and as a member of the Kratom Truth Squad, you are encouraged to use your own words to personalize your response.
As always, be respectful - you are representing the kratom community.
If you have any questions about your participation in the Kratom Truth Squad—please feel free to contact our public relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will get right back to you with answers and ideas.
We appreciate your ongoing efforts and know that by working together we can keep natural kratom safe and available to all those who rely on it for their health and wellbeing.
American Kratom Association